How to obtain a trail permit for the city of Rolling Hills, California

View Larger Map

The Rolling Hills Community Association is located at 1 Portuguese Bend Rd., Rolling Hills, CA 90274. As you drive south toward the guard gate enter the first driveway on your left. It is in the second building on the left.

If you ride your horse on the equestrian trails on the Palos Verdes Peninsula you can ride in the gated community of the city of Rolling Hills even if you're not a resident of that community. You must obtain a trail permit from the Rolling Hills Community Association. It is free. You will be required to sign a liability waiver (or your parent must sign if you're under 18) and provide RHCA with a picture of yourself to put on the permit. The one I submitted was 1 3/4" wide by 2 1/8" high. A slightly smaller picture would work as well. If your driver's license picture isn't as awful as mine the nice people at the RHCA office can make a copy of that for you to use on the permit. Emergency contact information for you (should you be involuntarily dismounted) is included on the permit, which you should carry on your person.

horses in the Caballeros Ring in Rolling Hills

horses in the Caballeros Ring in Rolling Hills

The RHCA office is open Monday through Thursday from 7:30am to noon and from 1:00pm to 4:45pm; Friday from 7:30am until noon.

If you can't make it into their office during business hours the RHCA can fax or email you the liability waiver. You can return it to them with a picture, and they will mail you the finished trail permit.

Contact the RCHA by phone at 310-544-6222 or by email at

I was given a map of the trails of Rolling Hills when I picked up my trail permit. The trails can also be found in the Palos Verdes Peninsula Horsemens Association Trail Guide.

Follow this link to leave Trail Permit for the City of Rolling Hills, California and return to Horse Boarding in Los Angeles County.